Modernization of high-speed train fleet
ALTEN is supporting one of the leading operators in the railway industry in Switzerland to implement the modernization of a high-speed train fleet. The fleet is used for international services on a north-south axis. We are committed to managing the engineering team and we are responsible for the timely delivery and high quality of all work packages, which concerns the modernization of various systems on the train, such as structural components, fire extinguishing systems, lighting systems as well as power distribution. Furthermore, we are coordinating all project stakeholders including the project lead, production, purchasing, and suppliers to ensure that the project time plan is respected.
- Combining and applying best practices (IREB, PMI) and processes
- Managing internal and external engineering teams
- Documents’ analysis and review
- Cost/benefit and SWOT analyses for new solutions
- Responsibility for control, quality, cost, and time
- Implementation of new project organization and initiation of new development phases