ALTEN is a leader consultancy company divided in 3 different business units: IT, Engineering and Life and Science, operating in more than 30 countries worldwide by now. We have around 46.000 Employees working with our clients. ALTEN group has 6,500 Clients in various sectors such as pharmaceutical sector, aerospace, telecoms, finance, energy, automotive, public sector and more… As a company we support them with their expertise. In ALTEN Switzerland we have 450 Employees and 100 clients.
Are you passionate about technology and like to take on complex technical challenges? Do you want to work in exciting projects at renowned clients? At ALTEN we believe that knowing and meeting the expectations of our consultants is a key factor in our success. Our consultants make the difference. Do you want to make the difference too?
We are working with our client a Leading multinational Medtech firm based in Zug to bolster their Software Development team. We are looking to bring new talent onboard to grow our solutions focused team.
Alten is a multinational, French listed IT & Engineering consultancy. In Switzerland we have over 470 consultants embedded with many household named companies. Come join us on our journey.
● Workload: 100%
● Work location: Zug Area
● Team: 3 members highly interacting and collaborating (Scrum / SAFe)
● Home Office: 2-3 days a week possible
● Travel: Very occasional
● Software development within an Agile Release Train, developing frameworks, libraries and simulations used in Diagnostic Instruments
● Relentless improvement of the software stack and toolchain
● Be part of a delivery team that takes care of every activity related to the design,
implementation, deployment, and maintenance of a software product
● Close collaboration with internal customers
● Knowledge and experience in modern C++ (C++11 or higher)
● Must feel comfortable on a GNU command line
● Experience with git and at least one collaboration tool (github/gitlab/bitbucket) experience with Linux, for example, Debian packaging basic system administration experience with container virtualization (docker, lxd, etc.) writing of shell scripts
● Experience with modern Python, for example, developing command-line tools writing web backends
● Feels comfortable in an agile environment, experience is a plus
● English and German written and spoken
Nice to Have
● GitLab-CI/Jenkins or CI in general
● Knowledge of modern JS frameworks (ideally Angular)
● Experience with software design patterns, principles, and object-oriented design (OOD)
● Experience in projects with end to end responsibility (gathering requirements, design,
development, testing, deployment)
● Experience in multi-process and multi-threaded application development
● University degree in software engineering
Apply now and be a part of our amazing journey - we believe in growing together!